Monday, November 22, 2010

What is this type of virus and how do i remove it from my laptop?!?

one time, i opened a file in my laptop, specifically a word document. then, i noticed that its filename has changed from .doc to .scr. it has changed into a screensaver! then, when i tried to change its filename to .doc, my laptop detected so many files infected! then, my whole system shut down. up to now, i can't open my laptop. everytime i tried to, all the icons are lost and the only thing i could do is ctrl+alt+del just to shut down my laptop. to add up, i have not yet accesed an internet connection so my AVG won't respond! what's this virus and how could i remove it from my computer? if then, will my files be deleted or anthing? thanks.. i hope theres somebody to help.. :(What is this type of virus and how do i remove it from my laptop?!?
Try a free online virus scan like Trendmicro.What is this type of virus and how do i remove it from my laptop?!?
what i normally do is by searching the specific stand alone virus/trojan cleaner on the net.

Or I use AVAST to clean it. you can download it for free from the Net too.
OK I cant tell you what the virus is, but i can say that if you are missing icons then you are going to have to re install windows to get it to work again. By reinstalling windows you will loose all your files but it will get rid of the virus and fix every thing. I also recommend using Norton anti virus. If this is what you decide your going to do let me know and I can help you step by step to reinstal windows.
Try this if you can get to it i always used avg for 10 years and house call as a back up all ways work for me here's the link for house call Trend first time does take a while so be passinate it will find any and everything and dont cost nothing,,

http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/

Something else to think of looking in your start up

run then msconfig then start up see if you see anything funny there if so take it out ,,

Another ideal start up in your programs delete it if its there..Hope one of these's help..

No comments:

Post a Comment