Monday, November 22, 2010

Poll: What do you do when you have a virus trying to get on your computer?

I'm so glad I got through this question. Okay, i am so freaked out. Help!



Here is the scary story: (for me)



This (BIG) popup said you have a virus threat! And then it said download spyware or something. I tried to download AntiVirus but you have to pay for it. I am not paying for it. I am only 15 and GOD my dad will kill me. So please what do i do? And the stupid thing changed my screensaver and now it says WARNING! Spware detected on your computer! I have a Windows XP if that matters! And i have NO idea how i got the virus threat!! HELP, before I DIE!



JayePoll: What do you do when you have a virus trying to get on your computer?
If you have no anti-virus, download, install, update, and run Avira Free from here: http://www.free-av.com/en/products/index



Do the same with this:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php



Disable system restore until your system is clean, then re-enable it.



Run your scans from safe mode. Tap F8 during boot, to get there.Poll: What do you do when you have a virus trying to get on your computer?
The virus isn't trying to get in, it's already there. You failed to do the #1 rule: NEVER allow an unprotected computer to connect to the Internet. You need to spend some money and get a good program that'll fix it now, and save you later.
Download Avira and have it scan your computer. This Anit Virus kicks ***. Here's a link for the download.

http://www.download.com/Avira-AntiVir-Pe

No comments:

Post a Comment