Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I stop my notebook from going to sleep after a few minutes of inactiveness.?

My notebook keeps falling asleep if I don't move the mouse ever few minutes and its getting annoying because I'm trying to watch videos. I tried going to control pannel - -%26gt; settings - -%26gt; change when computer goes to sleep - - - I chose never and I clicked change. Yet the screensaver pops up still when I don't move the mouse after 2-3 minutes.How do I stop my notebook from going to sleep after a few minutes of inactiveness.?
Certain players will have that disable feature. Without knowing which player you are using would be several ways of telling you. I prefer divx player or wmp as for the screen saver.



This is for XP -

1. Open Screen Saver Settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Screen Saver.

2. To turn off all screen savers, under Screen Saver, click (None) in the drop-down list, and then click OK.

– or –

To turn on a screen saver, click a screen saver in the drop-down list, and then click OK.



This is for Vista

1. Right click on a empty area of the desktop and click on Personalize. (See screenshot below)

2. Click on the Screen Saver link.

3. You will now see the screen saver settings below.

4. Turn off by chosing None.



For screen shots and additional options as well as turning the Screen Saver back on see this link.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/85539-…



Now if its a power setting issue -

See the battery indicator on the lower right part of the screen.

1. right click on the battery indicator.

2. Power Options

3. Select the Power Option you want.

4. Click on Change Plan Settings

5. Adjust it for the way you want it such as 3hrs delay before screen saver starts up or you can chose Never.How do I stop my notebook from going to sleep after a few minutes of inactiveness.?
Go to control panel %26gt; Power Option %26gt; Power Schemes



This is assuming you are on WinXP.



Also on your desktop, right click on any spot with no shortcuts and choose properties. Turn off your screen saver.
Go to power options and select the long time to allow the notebook to go to sleep if there is no activity until that time
Hi,



Right click on desktop take the properties, Increase Screen saver timing, may be current timing 3 minitues.

No comments:

Post a Comment