Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to fix my computer....?

My father did something to my Windows XP laptop when he gave me a new hard drive. Now when I click on any programs (from AOL to Limewire) the computer doesn't run the program....and if I put in a CD, it won't read it. Even when I click on Run it still doesn't run. It also won't let me open Properties to change the screensaver....and yes, the mouse works.....just nothing comes up. Is there any way to fix this, and is this a common problem?How to fix my computer....?
Erm, This sounds like a variety of problems actually, other than ask you dad what he did, you could try the system restore.

To get to it, click start-all programs-accesories-system tools. Take it back to a time when evreything worked before your dad touched it, and if you have any text files, pictures, msuci ect you want saving, drop it into My Documents.



Oh, and maybe taking the hardrive out before you do it might be a idea, don't attempt it if you don't know how though

Also, try googling the hardrive type for it's drivers- or ask you dad for a cd with them onHow to fix my computer....?
well sounds like dad forgot to install the drivers for these things on the new hard drive try re installing the drivers for the hardware
i would reinstall windows
may be you should read this article to know what is happening. http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-xOquUck8e

No comments:

Post a Comment