Monday, November 22, 2010

My desktop background button is missing...how can I get it back?

I recently recovered from a spyware infection. The spyware was ';Sysinternal.Bluescreen screen saver';

After I had finished removing this virus (I used SUPERAntiSpyware) I realized that I could no longer change my screensaver or background settings. This spyware turned my screen completely blue and showed the message ';warning! Virus detected on your computer! Install an antivirus or spyware removal to clean your computer.'; I could not access the screensaver or background tabs here, either. The Themes, Appearance, and Settings tabs showed up, but not the other two. Any suggestions?My desktop background button is missing...how can I get it back?
do start, I don't know what version windows you have, but search for desktop and you should find something like desktop.exe. Rightclick and save as shortcut then put it where you like.My desktop background button is missing...how can I get it back?
you need to have an administrative privilege to perform this task..



start--%26gt;run type ';gpedit.msc';, without the quotes..



click plus(+) sign to expand..



under ';user configuration'; --%26gt; ';administrative template'; --%26gt;';control panel';--%26gt;select ';display';



on the right panel, select the ';settings'; you would like to change then click properties..



select ';enabled'; then apply, click ';not configured'; to reset to original settings then apply, OK.



try to change desktop background or screen saver.

No comments:

Post a Comment