Saturday, November 20, 2010

My HP PC is now booting to random lines and spots that change slowly like a screensaver. How do I fix this?

My HP dv9000 series (dv9260us) with Vista Ultimate has come upon an unexpected problem. I was watching media on WMP, same format of things I have watched many times before, when suddenly the computer screen goes black. The computer just doesn't do anything so eventually I manually shut it off. When I power it back on, the computer slowly fades in, almost like a movie, to a bunch of lines, gray and white and black. There is a little black splotch on the bottom left corner. I was downloading some things at the time this happened and I had just started them. I suspect I may have gotten a virus. I know there are similar conditions when LCD damage is detected but that's just hard for me to believe, I was using this computer all day fine and I never move it except around the room. It eventually did make it past those random lines one time to the log on screen, then functioned normally for about a half hour, and shut off again, on the same media. Even if I get rid of the media and all traces of the downloads I was doing (if I can get past the lines and spots again to Windows), do I have a virus? Is this something common? Because I couldn't find info on it. When I did get to my desktop, the lines and spots had disappeared entirely and everything was like it normally is. To be clear, the lines and spots are the first thing I see after powering up. I've tried pressing the F buttons, etc, nothing happens. CTRL ALT DELETE is responsive and restarts the computer. It does sound like it is working. It was not that hot when it happened. However, after that time I got onto my desktop finally, when the thirty minutes were up it froze, unfroze after fifteen seconds, then froze again for too long and I had to restart it. Could anyone please help me sort this out! It was so random and I don't know what happened. All the downloads were from reliable websites. Maybe my PC just needs a system restore, but I need to get back onto that desktop and I don't know what I did that one time to make it work, if anything... Thanks for any help!My HP PC is now booting to random lines and spots that change slowly like a screensaver. How do I fix this?
It may not be LCD screen damage, but it is possible that something else on the laptop's hardware is going bad - maybe somethign that works to show stuff on the screen? Otherwise, it may be a computer virus, but it not like any I have seen before.



I would suggest going to http://housecall65.trendmicro.com and performing a full computer scan for viruses and malware, if that is still possible.



I would see about getting it looked at by a professional or the place you bought it from, or even from HP itself.
  • is the iran control to have two laptops
  • bird
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment