Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Webshots desktop won't uninstall?

When I went to get my computer de-virsed about a year ago, the lady returned it with ';Webshots desktop';, insisting that it would solve a lot of problems, since ';viruses often come with the download of screensavers and backgrounds';. I wasn't pleased with that, since I don't download screensavers and all I do for backgrounds is make them myself or right click and ';set as';, but we'll go with the flow.

However, I've decided I've put up with it for long enough; when you have this monstrosity in your computer, you CAN'T change your background or screensaver unless it's from their pile of backgrounds/screensavers. If you use a normal one from the internet, then it resets the next day to one from Webshots. Not only that, but it takes up a lot of space (mbites) for no particular reason.

Case and point, Webshots Desktop is driving me insane. I need to get rid of it; I searched how on google, and it says the usual; go to control panel, add %26amp; remove programs, and delete webshots, simple. I've used that method before with other programs. However, when I try to delete webshots, it's not even IN my add/remove programs!

It's /not there/! It goes from VeohTV to WebReg to Windows Defender; and so on; it's not listed.

Help?Webshots desktop won't uninstall?
Go to 'Search', and search for WebShots. It should definitely come up there. Then delete it.

No comments:

Post a Comment