Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How to fix the flickering, or blinking on windows screensaver marquee?

I change the resolutions, the hertz to 60 and 75, used different monitors, drop the speed, ran spyware detection, I don't have software running in the background slowing the processor, I have plenty memory available and I also change the drivers. What else can I do to stop the flickering? Any ideas? (HP DF 5150 ATI 200 video card)How to fix the flickering, or blinking on windows screensaver marquee?
Sorry: that screensaver has *always* flickered like that, and I have been in the industry since before there was Windows. I can only speculate as to why, but I can affirm that it has nothing to do with your hardware or the configuration that you are using. Most likely, the programmer(s) used a poor algorithm for the animation: when you're programming a ';moving'; image, if you erase the current image before drawing the new one, you get an effect like this. The proper method is to draw the new image first and *then* erase any leftover bits of the previous one.



You can improve it with faster hardware, but it's always going to flicker. Always has.

No comments:

Post a Comment