Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How can I make dvd's play in my dvd-vcr player with tv on dual mode satellite receiver & 36 in. tv?

I have a 36in RCA cabinet tv that is tied into a satellite dish with a dual mode receiver that enables the one receiver to serve 3 different tvs. Also attached to this tv is a Samsung DVD-VCR player. The problem is that some DVD's just won't play. The screen says this disc cannot be played, yet it plays ok on another dvd player that is built into a very inexpensive Magnavox TV. The disks that won't play are rented ones or some mood-enhancers I bought that play natural sounds, music, and a changing scene similar to a screensaver, for example a fire in a fireplace or waterfalls. Again, these same DVD's play ok on my Magnavox. I contacted Dish tech support both on the phone and online to no avail. Phone guy said he'd get back to me but didn't. Online had no sensible way to describe the problem. I tried to contact

Samsung; again, communication failed. I fed all the codes the satellite gave me into the satellite receiver to enable my Samsung, but it didn't work.How can I make dvd's play in my dvd-vcr player with tv on dual mode satellite receiver %26amp; 36 in. tv?
Dvd-VCR combo player are very picky when it came to playing dvds due to the protection circuit built-in to prevent illegal tapes copy. The player may think that the dvds you're trying to play is a copy. Your best bet is to use a stand alone dvd player and hook up a vcr player to it if you want to have both.

No comments:

Post a Comment