Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I set my computer to have to need a password for customization?

Sometimes people will change things on our computer like then task bar to auto hide and the screensaver etc. How would I go about password protecting the task bar, screen saver etc? What I mean is I want people to be able to use the computer but unable to change settings like task bar and such.



I am using windows 7 btw.



Thanks,

JohnnyHow do I set my computer to have to need a password for customization?
Simply setup separate user accounts on the computer and password protect your account. You could create a second account called ';guest'; or whatever you wanted to. As long as no one has access to your account, your settings (task bar, screen saver, etc.) won't be changed.How do I set my computer to have to need a password for customization?
1: Create a limited user account, and password protect your own account. That way, when someone changes the settings on your computer, you won't notice them.

2: Use gpedit.msc to change group policy settings on your computer, so that others can not modify certain things.

3: You could also use software, which can be found through a simple google search, but usually costs money.

No comments:

Post a Comment