Monday, June 6, 2011

How do I change my laptop settings?

Basically, I need to defrag my laptop over night while I sleep. However, I tried this a while back and when I left the laptop unattended for about 30 minutes (without the lid being close) it looked like it had turned off and went into sleep mode and I wasn't sure if the defragmentation was continuing or not but the fans had turned off when this happen and there was no sound. And whenever I shut the lid, it automatically goes into sleep mode but I know how to change these settings. Basically, I need to leave it on all night, and for it not to turn off or go into sleep mode. I want the screensaver to stay on throughout the night but I don't want my laptop stopping the defragmentation when left attended for ages. Any help? Thanks.How do I change my laptop settings?
First of all dont waster hours of time using windows defrag, try this its free and is used by millions.

http://www.auslogics.com/en/software its the fourth one on the list when you visit web site.



Take seconds to run, and is a superb tool.How do I change my laptop settings?
Right click on a blank part of the screen (not on an icon) Properties / Screen Saver scroll to None / Power at Turn off monitor scroll to NEVER / turn off hard disks scroll to NEVER / System Standby NEVER. Then apply. Your PC will NEVER do anything without you knowing about it or to say behind your back.



PS. If you want anything back like Screen Saver or whatever just adjust it to please yourself.
I have windows vista, to change them on mine. I right click on the desktop and select personalize. then i click screen saver and on the screen that pops up from that it has change power setting on it. you click that and change them there.

No comments:

Post a Comment